Secondary & Colleges
Here at Star Outdoors, we have been looking after school groups since we opened up in 2004 and we
are proud to say they are coming back to us for years. We have tried and tested packages to ensure all
students have a memorable experience they will treasure forever.
We can tailor make programs according to your activity interests, group size and time of year. Call our
friendly activity manager to assist you in designing a program that suits your group's needs.
At Star Outdoors we also strengthen your students leadership foundation by developing skills in several
areas, Team building, communication, teamwork, planning and leadership.
Gaisce Award (The President's award)
• Star Outdoors is an approved provider of this prestigious award set out by the President geared for young people aged between 15 and 25 years of age.
• Your task is to walk from 25km – 50km over 2(Bronze) or 3(Silver)days including 1 or 2 overnight stays depending on Gaisce award. We have self- catering and overnight camping options.
• Our group leaders have years of experience leading schools through Gaisce walks and have lots of fun with them along the way. Learn more in our brochure below.
Multi Activity Days
Star Outdoors are fully aware of the importance of positive experiences through sport and fair play and we value each person's participation in our activity sessions as an individual and aim to foster their growth, learning, safety and fun through adventure! Ultimately giving them a chance to gain lifelong skills and love for adventure sports.
We have an extensive list of activities for a wide range of groups including:
• School groups both Primary and Secondary.
• Youth groups and Youth Intervention programs.
• Sports clubs.
• Corporate Groups and Sports and Socials clubs.
• University and 3rd Level clubs and Societies.
Outdoor Survival Package
The Outdoor Survival Expedition is one of our most popular courses where we work with a group of students. Over the initial days we train them in the various skills necessary for a two-day expedition over the hills of Kerry. On the final days the students take on this expedition under their own steam.
During the expedition the students have to cope with the stresses of an arduous journey in a wilderness environment. They will learn lifelong skills and work together to reach collective decisions.
• Great team building exercise
• Lifelong skills learnt
• Fully qualified instructors
• Option of going full survival mode via camping overnight (although we do have adjacent changing/shower/toilet facilities).
Enquire for further details.