Star Outdoors Adventure Centre has been operating for 14 years and we are a very unique business due to the abundance we can offer all within one location. A stop off at Star Outdoors is a superb addition to any group’s itinerary while touring Kerry and West Cork.
We have been catering for Coach Tours, FIT, Active & Cultural outings, Corporate and so much more for over 12 years now and we are growing from strength to strength.
Why Bring your tour group to Star Outdoors?
• We are located only a 5-minute drive from Kenmare town, on the Ring of Beara and Wild Atlantic Way.
• We have years of experience dealing with well- known tour operators.
• We provide a professional, efficient service with a friendly smile.
• Ample coach parking on our private pier.
• Wheelchair accessible.
• We have lots of different offerings for tour groups at one location.
• Multi lingual audio guides available.
The Star of Kenmare Wildlife Cruise
Hourly Wildlife Cruises aboard "The Star of Kenmare" depart throughout the day from our pier only minutes from Kenmare town centre to explore the Kenmare Bay, castles, manors and its wildlife including the Kenmare Bay’s very own large seal colony.
Highlights for Tours
• Handheld audio-visual guides with translations in French, German, Spanish and Italian are available on all tours.
• 1 hour scheduled or private cruises – can fit easily into group’s itineraries.
• Live and interesting commentary about the local area and wildlife.
• Easy access from bus to pier.
• Ample coach parking.
• Wheelchair and toilet facilities.
• Licenced Bar on board.
• Full heated with soft seating and tables.
• Finger food can be arranged.
• Spectacular views with an up and close experience with nature and wildlife.
Salmon Smokehouse Experience
• Our unique feature is our onsite Smokehouse which gives a demonstration of how salmon is filleted, salted, smoked, sliced and vacuum packed.
• We are different to other smokehouses in that the whole process is controlled by man, not automatic machines.
• Clients will sample with our compliments a taste of Star Seafood’s smoked salmon afterwards at our onsite restaurant overlooking Kenmare Bay .
• Smoked salmon can be purchased on the day, or clients can place orders to have the smoked salmon delivered to their hotels prior to departure.
• Duration - 1 hour approximately.
The Wild Atlantic Salmon Cruise
• Tour Group are met off the bus and escorted to the Smokehouse where they are met by our smoked salmon supervisor.
• They can then see the entire process of producing this famous local product, from filleting and salting, to smoking, cutting and preservation.
• Multi lingual audio-visual guides can be provided on request.
• They will then board the ‘Star of Kenmare’ Cruise Boat for the sumptuous tasting out in the open sea where this famous product is caught.
• Along the way marvel at the local sights, magnificent landscapes, splendid castles, mischievous seals, birdlife and above all the magical tranquillity of the sea.
• Duration: 1hr 15mins approximately.
Con's Bar and Restaurant
Also, on-site is Con’s Seafood Bar & Restaurant– serving fresh seafood sourced from Castletownbere supplied by our sister company Star Seafood’s, Kenmare. Our balcony provides stunning views over the Kenmare Bay and the Macgillycuddy Reeks in the background.
• We can seat 100 people indoors and seat 50 people on our balcony.
• We can tailor menus to meet your group’s specific needs and budget.
• All our ingredients are locally sourced, and our fish is delivered daily from our onsite fish producer.
• We understand tour groups are on a time schedule, so we serve them within tight time frames all while serving high quality food with a friendly smile.
• Wheelchair accessible and toilet facilities.
"As a tour guide I brought French bus tours this season to Con’s Restaurant, the choice of local seafood and specialties were fresh and delicious. After lunch, the groups went for a boat trip on Kenmare Bay to discover the various species of sea birds and to meet the friendly seals. We also visited the Smoked Salmon factory which the group really enjoyed. A wonderful experience enjoyed by my tours!"
Marie - Claire, Travel Choice.
"As a tour guide with Trafalgar tours I have the pleasure of taking Americans, Canadians, Australians and new Zealanders on a weekly tour, two nights of which we spend in the lovely town of Kenmare. We have each week taken the clients on a cruise on the Star of Kenmare where the scenery is spectacular and the local commentary excellent, followed by dinner in Con’s restaurant. Clients always ask, “What do you recommend”, my reply is always the same, “Choose anything you like, as the food is excellent”. This evening has proved to be a very successful one, consistently week after week. Keep up the good work, it makes our job as guides so much easier when we have satisfied customers."
Ann Hickey - Tour Guide - Trafalgar Tours.